FiiO X7ii 2nd Gen Hi-Res (PCM/FLAC/MP3) DAP/DAC + AM3A Balanced Amp Module
Free delivery on all orders within 3 days unless stated otherwise.
The brand new FiiO X7 second generation is an Android based, modular, high resolution digital audio player that builds on the previous X7 both inside and out. The X7ii employs the 8-channel ESS ES9028PRO DAC chip to provide an exceptional signal-to-noise (SNR) ratio of 129dB and a total harmonic distortion of –120dB. This provides more resolving power, better dynamics, and a better soundstage for a greatly improved sound quality over its predecessor. The X7ii also benefits from three crystal oscillators (compared to its predecessor's two) that help reduce the jitter from 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 384kHz sampling rates.
The processing power of the Android 5.1 interface is doubled to 2GB RAM on top of an inbuilt 64GB memory (to the first generation's 32GB). This, coupled with two microSD card slots (each accepting up to 256GB cards) allows for a current maximum memory of 576GB or 19000 lossless music files! The bundled AM3A balanced amplifier module uses the acclaimed AD8620 wide bandwidth JFET amplifier chip along with the tailor-made OPA926 op-amp to present these files in the best possible light, both through balanced and unbalanced cables. Equally the X7ii is fully compatible with FiiO's previous amplifier modules, allowing you to tailor the sound to your own specifications depending on your headphone set-up.
The most noticeable new feature of the X7ii is the shared form factor previously debuted on the X5iii; gone are the confusingly symmetrical buttons of the first generation to be replaced by an elegant volume wheel and simple play/pause and skip buttons. FiiO put a lot of work into planning the ergonomics and aesthetics of this new player to provide an object both elegant and highly functional. Equally the Bluetooth capabilities have been enhanced to 4.1 and aptX standards while the X7ii supports Wi-Fi on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies to provide the most stable wireless experience yet for a FiiO player.
Finally, the new X7ii comes with a combined coaxial/optical output, and intuitive lock screen and a 3800mAh high-voltage battery that can support quick charging, allowing compatible chargers to fill a depleted battery in only 1.5 hours! All in all the X7 second generation takes what FiiO started with its predecessor and turns it up to 11. A top flight player for an incredible price.
- Top flight ES9028PRO flagship-class 8-Channel Audio DAC chip
- Supports WAV, FLAC, APE, ALAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, OGG, DXD, DSD64/128 and PCM supported at up to 384kHz/64bit|5.6MHz (DSD)
- Patent-pending interchangeable amplifier modules (Balanced supplied, others sold separately)
- 3.97” IPS TFT multi-touch screen (480x880 pixels)
- Tactile volume wheel for precise volume adjustments
- Unique FiiO music player that bypasses the audio limitations of the Android system
- 10 band EQ
- Includes Balanced module: 3.5mm headphone port, 2.5mm balanced-headphone port, 3.5mm line-out, 3.5mm coaxial digital port
- Regular firmware updates
- WIFI and Bluetooth 4.1 aptX compatible
- 3.8V 3800mAh battery provides c.8 hours real-world usage with fast-charge in 1.5 hours (with compatible chargers).
- 64GB internal storage and support for 2 microSD cards (max 256GB each)