FiiO X5iii 3rd Generation Android-based Lossless (FLAC/WAV/MP3) Audio Player/DAC
Free delivery on all orders within 3 days unless stated otherwise.
FiiO's third generation X5 digital audio player doubles down on all FiiO's previous successes to give audiophiles and casual listeners alike an astonishing product at a brilliant price. The X5's deeply customised Android 5.1 interface supports a 'Pure-music' mode which bypasses the re-sampling issues found with most Android-based audio players; allowing sample rates of up to 768kHz. Two AKM AK4490EN DAC chips (one for each channel) ably support all PCM and DSD formats with an S/N ratio of 120dB and –112dB total harmonic distortion. Dual crystal oscillators (one for 44.1kHz multiples, one for 48kHz multiples) aids in the faithful, jitter-free reconstruction of digital files into smooth audio.
The X5iii is the first FiiO product to use two dual channel OPA1642 chips followed by a custom made audiophile-grade OPA426 chip for it's amplifier stage. This provides up to 300mW of power on a 32Ω load! Also new with this model is the addition of a second headphone output to cater for users of 2.5mm 4-pole balanced cables. The X5iii also follows the previous X1ii and X7 DAPs in having full Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity; allowing you to download Android applications, use popular streaming services and connect to Bluetooth remotes (such as the FiiO RM1) and speakers.
Much like it's X5 and X5ii predecessors, the third generation X5iii has two microSD card slots which accept cards up to 256GB, allowing for a whopping 544GB of music. That's enough for c.130,000 songs! A copious 3.8V 3400mAh battery gives you more than 10 hours worth of play time though the X5iii also supports rapid charging; allowing 9V/12V high-voltage sources to fully replenish the battery in only 1.5 hours! All of this contained in a new look chassis that elevates the X5iii aesthetics and provides the smoothest finish yet for a FiiO product.
- Pure Music mode allows audio sampling of 768kHz
- Android mode allows installation of third party audio and streaming apps
- 32GB built-in storage with 2 card readers that accept microSD cards up to 256GB each
- Supports 2.5mm TRRS balanced cables and headphones
- Bluetooth 4.0 and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi compatable
- 3.8V, 3400mAh battery for c.10 hours battery life
- Supports rapid charging from 9V/12V sources for a full charge in 1.5 hours
- Supports DSD, DXD, PCM, WAV, FLAC, APE. ALAC and all lossey audio formats