FiiO Q5 Flagship DAC/Amp, USB/Optical/Coaxial/LO, iPod/iPhone Compatible
Free delivery on all orders within 3 days unless stated otherwise.
The Q5 is FiiO's current flagship DAC, a powerful, Hi-Res amplifier with a range of connectivity options. The Q5 uses an all aluminium alloy chassis to effectively resist electromagnetic interference. The rear of the Q5 features a PU leather casing, which is scratch-resistant for stacking use.
An analog-to-digital (ADC) volume adjustment knob reduces problems with volume imbalance, greatly enhancing accuracy with 256 different levels of volume adjustment. This is achieved by taking the incoming analog sound signal, converting it into digital for sampling and volume adjustment, then reconstructing the volume curve on the other side.
With the side buttons, users can operate play/pause functions and skip through tracks with ease when connected via Bluetooth. To customise your sound further, the Q5 features an interchangeable amp module design, fully compatible with the X7/X7ii DAP modules.
The Q5 uses dual AK4490EN DACs capable of decoding up to 384kHz/24bit, with an extremely low SNR. There is an official Apple MFi certified chip, meaning the Q5 supports digital decoding to iOS devices without worrying about software updates. The Bluetooth chip supports aptX, and there are 7 LDO voltage regulators that each provide independent power supply via a power management filter, ensuring a clean power supply and low interference to get a purer sound quality.
The 3800mAh rechargeable lithium battery allows for 10 hours of USB use, 10.5 hours of coaxial use, 14 hours of auxiliary use, and 10 hours of Bluetooth use.
The Q5 has a USB DAC mode that supports decoding up to 384k/32bit and DSD256. There are dual micro USB ports. By default, the one to the left is for charging while the one at the bottom is for data input. There is a 3 in 1 composite output port for aux/coax/optical connections. There are both single ended and balanced headphone outputs on the supplied AM3A amp module. For different listening requirements, the Q5 features gain/bass boost.
Despite the wide range of compatible input methods, the Q5 can automatically detect which is being used, and the light on the device changes to a corresponding colour indicating the input currently in use.
To help save battery, if the device detects no input signal, it will turn off automatically after a certain period of time (default: 10 mins). When connected to a smart phone or computer, the Q5 will not draw power from the source device.
- Dual AK4490EN DAC chips for the ultimate in decoding performance, supporting up to 384kHz/32bit and native DSD 256; Audiophile-grade components designed for a wonderful, melodious sound that is just pure ecstasy for your ears.
- Apple MFi, Hi-Res Audio and aptX certified, supporting decoding for iPhones, iPads, computers, WM-PORT Sony Walman players and many other players with digital audio output.
- Interchangeable amp modules, fully compatible with any FiiO amp modules; The default AM3A module supports both single-ended and Balanced outputs.
- Unique RGB status lights with different colors to help quickly identify the input modes and working status.
- A wealth of accessories for a premium experience: Lightning-Micro USB cable, 3.5mm audio cable, coaxial adapter, optical adapter, carrying pouch, etc.